Trail: Home >
Welcome to the online documentation for rEFIt. The documentation is organized by tasks.
If something does not work as expected, check out the troubleshooting section of the web site.
- Installing rEFIt
- Instructions for installing rEFIt on your Intel Mac for the first time.
- Updating rEFIt
- Installing a new version or rEFIt when you already have it installed.
- Removing rEFIt
- How to remove rEFIt from your Mac.
- Handling Mac OS X Updates
- Installing a Mac OS X update or using Startup Disk may disable rEFIt. Here’s how to re-enable it.
- Burning a Bootable CD
- Detailed instructions for burnig a bootable rEFIt CD.
- Getting into the rEFIt menu
- How to bring up the rEFIt menu when your computer starts up.
- Starting an Operating System
- Navigating the menu and choosing the operating system to boot.
- Using the EFI Shell
- A primer of the EFI shell.
- Changing the Icons
- How to change the icons shown in the menu.
- Restricting Access
- Options to lock down rEFIt, e.g. for a lab scenario.
- The refit.conf Configuration File
- Configuration options available through the refit.conf configuration file.
See also the new troubleshooting section of the web site.
- Legacy Booting: Not Found Error
- Read this if you get "Not Found" errors when booting Windows.
- Bluetooth Keyboard Problems
- My Apple Wireless Keyboard doesn't work in rEFIt/LILO/Windows. Why?
- General Keyboard Problems
- The keyboard doesn't work in LILO or Windows. Can you fix rEFIt?
- No rEFIt menu after Safe Sleep or power loss
- My Mac lost power and when it started up again there was no rEFIt menu. Why?
- Linux partition shows as EFI System (FAT)
- My Linux partition is marked as type “EFI System Partition (FAT)” in the MBR partition table. How did that happen and how do I fix it?
- Linux partition shows as FAT32
- My Linux partition is marked as FAT32 in the MBR partition table. How do I fix it?